LCC Recruiting Event Focuses on Hot Jobs
LANSING, Mich. - For the first time ever, Lansing Community College is
hosting a major recruiting fair that links academic programs with
high-demand, high-wage careers in Michigan.
Called the Start Here. Get There. SHOWCASE, the April 25th event will attract high school students and adults returning to school from Clinton, Eaton and Ingham counties.
Prospective students will learn about the top growing fields from alumni, LCC students, and faculty at showcase booths, during breakout sessions, and through conversations with Student Services representatives who will help attendees fill out LCC admissions applications.
Careers in the spotlight at the event have a better than average outlook for growth in Michigan with good wages. They include:
· Business careers: accountants, auditors, human resources personnel, trainers, labor relations experts, and sales managers
· Health care careers: registered nurses, dental hygienists, physical therapists and radiologic technologists and technicians
· Engineering and construction careers: civil engineers, industrial engineers, and HVAC mechanics and installers
· Computer science careers: computer systems analysts, computer and information systems managers, and network and computer systems administrators
· Education and human services careers: elementary school teachers, and medical and public health social workers
SHOWCASE runs from 5 - 9 p.m. at LCC’s West
Campus, 5708 Cornerstone Drive, Lansing, 48917.
The schedule is:
· Jobs Showcase Booths (Main Lobby): 5-9 p.m. Meet with LCC faculty to discuss certificate, degree and transfer opportunities in fields that promise growth. LCC admissions representatives, financial aid advisors, and University Center admissions representatives will also be on hand to help attendees find the resources they need to succeed.
· Jobs Breakout Sessions (Various rooms): 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Each session will focus on a different hot job. LCC faculty, alumni, current students and business professionals will describe the jobs and the education and skill development it takes to enter the fields and succeed.
· Application Assistance (Student Services Center): 5-9 p.m. Staff will be on hand to help prospective students apply online to LCC.
For more information, visit: www.lcc.edu/showcase