Films on Demand Videos
Films on Demand provides educational videos on a variety subjects. You can
embed videos in faculty Desire2Learn accounts. Access to Films on Demand is also
available on the
Problem with Linking to Videos
As of Spring 2014, linking to videos from Films on Demand does not
work, so we recommend embedding videos instead.
Embed a Video
It is easier to embed films in Desire2Learn if you have two windows or tabs
In the first window/tab:
- Go to the course where you want to embed the video.
- Click on Content.
In a second window/tab:
- From the Library homepage go to the Research Databases page by clicking
on Databases in the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Click on Films on Demand under Popular Databases.
- Locate the film (or film segment) that you want to embed in your
- Click on the title of the film.
- Click on the link Embed this Video below the video
- Copy the complete Embed Code displayed.
Return to your Desire2Learn course site in the first
- Select the topic where you want to place the video and select
- Then select Create a File.
- Enter a Title. Desire2Learn does not accept long
titles, so enter just the first part of the title before the colon.
- Select the Insert Stuff button from the HTML editor.
- On the Insert Stuff screen, select Enter Embed Code
from the menu on the left.
- Then paste the copied Embed Code from Films on Demand into the
Embed Code window.
- Click Next. On the next screen click on
- Publish the document.
Back to Top
Trouble Viewing Videos in D2L
If students complain they cannot view videos in D2L, the content may be
blocked by their web browser.
explain how to view videos in D2L with any web browser.
To create a custom playlist, see Films on Demand's
Quick Start Guide