In order to print from a computer on campus you must be logged on to that computer using your own Username click here for instructions to set up your Username.
Once you have activated your account you can follow the steps below to connect to a networked printer.
Please note: Employees should print to staff printers. If you need to print to a student a printer you can use the steps below to add the printer, however print credits will be deducted from your print account when printing to student computers.
For Windows 7:
1. Click start
2. Click devices and printers
3. Click add a printer (at the top)
4. Select "add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer"
5. Locate the printer you want to add and double click on it to install.
For Windows XP:
1. Click Start.
2. Click "Printers and Faxes" (or settings, and printers and faxes).
3. Click "Add a Printer", and Next.
4. Click "Network printer, or printer attached to another computer", and Next.
5. Click "Find a printer in the directory", and Next.
6. In the Find Printers screen change the "In" box to Star. Erase
location. In the Name box type the building abbreviation and the floor number.
Click Find Now. Double click the printer to install.
For Windows Vista:
1. Hold down the Windows Key ( ) and hit R to open the run
A. Or click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.
2. Type \\Phaeton and click OK.
3. Select your printer.
The most common reason why users can't print is because they are not logged on to the network.
You must be logged on to the network with your Username in order to print. The generic Techid does not have printing capabilities. If you have not set up your Username yet, click here for instructions to set up your Username.
Usually restarting your computer and re logging into the network will fix your printing problem.
However if no one is able to print to a certain printer. it may be necessary to turn the printer off and back on before restarting your computer.
Click the link below for information about servicing your copier or fax /purchasing/services_information/maintenance_repair.aspx
If you have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a service request form or call the Help Desk at 517-483-5221 or toll free 1-800-644-4522 (choose option 4).
(517) 483-5221 or
Additional contact information »