LCC Student Email
Your LCC Student E-mail Account is about to become your one-stop
source for all LCC news, updates and student account information. Get in
the habit of checking it regularly to receive alerts such as: Campus
Closures Parking/Traffic Notices Student Policy Changes Changes to the
Academic Calendar Information on Campus/Community Events Information
from your Program of Study Financial Aid and Student Account
LCC Student Email
- Navigate to http://lcc.edu/.
- Go to "myLCC Sign In" and click Student Email.
- Login with your Username and password. This is the same Username and password that logs you into MyLCC, Desire2Learn, and computers on campus.
* Note: Be sure you type only the Username, and not the full email address
Please visit the Supported IMAP client list for directions on setting up your email on mail clients, and mobile devices.
- Log in to your mail account.
- Click Inbox.
- Click Options located in the top right corner of any mail page.
- Click Forwarding and POP along the top of the Settings box.
- Click the radio to select Forward a copy of incoming mail to Type in the email address you would like the mail forwarded to.
- Select the action you'd like your messages to take from the drop-down menu. You can choose to keep your copy of the message in your inbox, or you can send it automatically to All Mail or Trash.'
- Click Save Changes
- Sign in to LCC Student Email.
- Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts.
- Click Add a new e-mail account, then click Next.
- Choose IMAP as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Google Apps users, enter your address in the format username@your_domain.com
Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
User Name: Enter your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
Password: Enter your Gmail password.
- Click More Settings, and then click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)' under Incoming Server (IMAP).
- Check the box next to 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)' under Outgoing Server (SMTP), and enter 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) box.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings... After receiving the message 'Congratulations! All tests completed successfully', click Close.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
If you need technical support, LCC has many services available to you. You can receive assistance through the LCC Help Desk or the TLC Computer Lab. For more information visit the following web page: Help Services
If you have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a Service Request form or call the Help Desk at 483-5221 (1-800-644-4522 - for long distance). Choose option 4
(517) 483-5221 or
Additional contact information »