Skip to content


Higher One is a financial services company that is partnering with Lansing Community College to get refunds to students faster and more securely.  HigherOne is not the same as the FACTS Payment Plan.


Do I need the card to choose my initial refund preference?

Yes, the card is the key for students to select a refund preference.

Can I change my current refund preference?

Absolutely. Log in to the student website and click on the "Refunds" menu and select "refund preferences".  You can change your preference anytime. A history of choices is available online.

Will the change to my refund preference affect my current refund?

That depends on whether or not the refund has disbursed. If it is still pending delivery, the change may go into effect.

How much money can be withdrawn from an ATM in one day?

The maximum is $500 (pin-based total).

Do I have to keep the card if I don't open up the OneAccount?

If you choose to not open the OneAccount, it is still a good idea to hold the card in case you want to change your refund preference.

Is the card an active debit card if I don't choose the OneAccount as my refund selection?

No, the card is only an active debit card if you choose to open the OneAccount and make a deposit.

If I wanted to deposit money into my OneAccount, where would I go to print a deposit slip?

Deposit Slips can also be printed online and are pre-filled with the student's information (in detail: login to Student website>Customer Service>Service Requests>Print Deposit Slip (or can be found in the OneAccount menu under Deposit or OneAccount Statement)

What are the Links to HigherOne Sites?

Link to LCC HigherOne Landing page:

HigherOne Help for student/users:

End user login page: HigherOne

I forgot my password for the student website. What can I do?

  • Click on Reset Password on the student website.
  • First provide email address. Students will be prompted to enter card number, security code, DOB, SSN, ZIP.

If I am a OneAccount holder, and use my card at another bank's ATM, what are the applicable fees?

As of May 2011 the cost is $2.50 from Higher One, plus what the ATM might charge. To view the current fee schedule:

If I lose my card, how do I pay bills?

As of May 2011: Send a personal check from your OneAccount or use online bill pay Please refer to the fee schedule for further information:

I forgot my PIN. What do I do?

You can choose a new PIN online. Login, and choose Password/PIN under the profile menu. You will be asked to provide some personal information, as well as your card number, and to choose a new PIN.

What are these transactions on my account statement?

Contact Higher One Customer Service; Students contact Lansing CC Debit Card Customer Service (HigherOne) through this number: 1-866-730-6599. Students can also inquire online.

What does UFO check stand for?

UFO states for Unidentified reFund Option. Basically, you have not selected a refund option.

What is the maximum daily spending limit for the OneCard?

$2,500 – the student may contact customer service to request an increase to this amount.

Why are there maximum daily spending limits on OneAccounts?

To protect against fraudulent use of the account.

What is the refund status for a refund waiting, but no refund preference is selected?

Preference Inactive.

Where is my refund check or UFO check?

If it's beyond 10 days since the check was mailed, you have the following options:

  • Contact HigherOneSupport or customer service. 1-866-730-6599
  • New Feature: Instant OneAccount Deposit - the students can use this feature even if they haven't received the check in the mail. They can virtually cash in their check online and have an instant deposit of their refunds into the OneAccount.

Why am I getting charged a $.50 fee when I use my PIN?

The OneAccount is designed to be used for free. Did you know you can choose credit to Swipe and Sign - you will avoid future pin-based transactions fees? This is the recommended method as The MasterCard Zero Liability policy does not cover pin-based transactions.

Why is my refund status "Awaiting ACH Transfer Form"

  • The student has selected to receive refunds to an existing bank account, however has not completed the process. The student will want to login to the student website and print the form (under Profile, Refund Preference). The routing and account number will be re-entered to print the form. The form can be faxed, mailed, or placed in the communication box on campus.
  • Another option is for the student to open a OneAccount for immediate access to funds.

How do I send money to a student?

  • The Friends and Family tab on the student website is a convenient way for anyone to send money to a OneAccount.
  • It is free to the sender and receiver. Higher One also provides online demo's for how to use Send Money.

Return to top

Can't find your question answered here?

Send us your question! Your suggestions are always welcome and appreciated! Submit a question for our FAQs

If you have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a service request form or call the Help Desk at 517-483-5221 or toll free 1-800-644-4522 (choose option 4).

Help Desk at Lansing Community College

Help Desk
(517) 483-5221 or
Additional contact information »