Skip to content

Work-Study & Student Employment

Federal Work-Study is a need-based federal program that provides students with employment opportunities, both on- and off-campus, to assist with educational expenses. Students must meet the basic eligibility requirements to receive these funds. To determine the amount of Federal Work-Study awarded, students can access their myLCC account.

Once awarded, the student must apply for posted positions through Career and Employment Services (CES) to secure a job. Receiving a Work-Study award does not guarantee employment at Lansing Community College or at authorized off-campus employers. Student Employees are hired based on skills and abilities.

After being hired, students work to earn the Work-Study funds. The earnings are paid to the student bi-weekly. Students can earn up to the amount awarded. If the student earnings exceed the amount awarded, the hiring department will determine if department funds are available to retain the student as a Student Employee.

Positions are offered via the CES Joblink database.

Students who are applying for an on or off campus position are encouraged to review the On-Campus Quick Start Guide. For those applying for Off-Campus positions, please read the Off-Campus Quick Start Guide. For further questions, such as eligibility and rate of pay, please see the Frequently Asked Questions through CES.

Financial Aid at Lansing Community College

Financial Aid Office
Gannon Building
2nd Floor - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1200
Additional contact information »

Facebook Twitter YouTube Flickr

Office Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8am – 6pm
Friday: 8am – 4pm

School Code: 002278