Writing Portfolio Information
WRITING PORTFOLIOS DUE AT THE END OF WEEK 14
WRIT 121 Checklist:
- Portfolios must include two analytical expository essays, at least one of which uses MLA documentation.
- The essays must be papers previously submitted for the course.
- An incomplete portfolio will receive an automatic "no pass."
- Papers with no internal references or a missing work cited page will be given a 0.0.
- All borrowed material must be documented.
Grading of portfolios is as follows:
- Your portfolio of final essays will be graded holistically by your instructor and by two external readers (other instructors teaching the class), based on the Writing Standards.
- Your portfolio must receive at least a 2.0 (competency) from two of the three readers for you to receive a 2.0 or higher in the course.
- If your portfolio receives a 2.0 or higher, your instructor will assign 100% of your grade.
- If your portfolio does not receive a 2.0 or higher, you will receive 0.0-1.5 in the course, determined by your instructor.
Portfolios will be returned to you in class the last day of class (for face-to-face classes).
Arts & Sciences Building, Room 201
Phone: (517) 483-1040
Additional contact information »