- Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Keep your eyes and ears open.
- Trust your instincts and gut feelings.
- Park and walk in well-traveled, well-lit areas.
- Walk to your car in groups, if possible.
- If you are uncomfortable, call LCC Police at 483-1800 for an escort.
- Carry a cell phone. If you are being bothered or followed, call 911. If you don’t have a cell phone, ask a passerby to call 911 for you or go to the nearest emergency phone box.
- Ask LCC Police for a safety whistle to carry. The whistles are available to LCC students and employees and are intended to be used ONLY in emergency situations where there are no means of escape and you cannot get to a phone to call 911. If you hear someone blow a whistle, call 911 immediately. Furthermore, if you see anything suspicious, dial 911.
For more information about keeping safe or the services the LCC Police provide to maintain a safe environment, so to www.lcc.edu/police.
Emergency Management and Safety Services
Gannon Bldg, Room 220
Phone: (517) 483-1572
Additional contact information »