In the event you receive a bomb threat, please try to gather the following information.
- Where is the bomb right now?
- When is the bomb going to go off?
- What type of bomb is it?
- What does the bomb look like?
- What will cause the bomb to explode?
- Who planted the bomb?
- Why was the bomb planted?
- When was the bomb planted?
- How did the person get the bomb in the building?
- What is your name?
- What is your phone number?
- What is your address?
Listen for any background noise.
Listen for any unusual characteristics of the caller's voice.
Try to remember the caller's exact words and write them down immediately.
Write down the caller ID information displayed on your phone.
Immediately contact LCC Police by dialing 911. Provide the dispatcher with all the information you gathered about the bomb threat call.
If the building that is the subject of the bomb threat is to be evacuated, follow the Building Evacuation guidelines.
When leaving a building due to a bomb threat, stay alert to your surroundings. Immediately report any suspicious persons or objects to LCC Police by dialing 911.
Extend the distance to stay away from the affected building from 100 feet to 300 feet.
Emergency Management and Safety Services
AOF Bldg, Room 202
Phone: (517) 267-5488
Additional contact information »