Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) is an enrichment program that offers classes in the arts, science and technology to students 2nd through 8th grades who have potential in the visual or performing arts, science, and technology or those students who have demonstrated outstanding academic ability in a particular subject area.
GATE is offered in the spring and fall and is a partnership with the Ingham Intermediate School District, the Clinton County Regional Educational Service Agency, the Eaton Intermediate School District, and the Shiawassee Regional Educational Service District.
- Tuition for GATE classes varies. Refer to our GATE brochure for course descriptions to determine the cost of individual classes.
Read Important Message to Parents by clicking here
A Recommendation form must be filled out by the student's teachers prior to registration. The form can be mailed or faxed to:
GATE Saturday School
8130-Community & Continuing Education
Lansing Community College
PO Box 40010
Lansing, MI 48901-72103
Phone: (517) 483-1860
Fax: (517) 483-9750
*Note: Only 1 Recommendation Form will need to be filled out per year.
All parents who are interested in a Scholarship for their child, please fill out this form and mail or fax it to the address above.
Now there are two ways to enroll your child in our Saturday GATE classes!
- If you plan to pay with a check, please fill out the form in the brochure link below. Saturday GATE Brochure
- If you would like to pay with a credit card, please go to our Market Place site by visiting www.lcc.edu/mall, which will enroll your child automatically.
- Market Place can only register one child at a time. If you would like to register two or more children in Market Place, you will need to make multiple registrations.
- For Scholarship and Tuition Waiver, a promotional code can be used in Market Place instead of filling out a paper registration form.
Questions: We are happy to assist you with questions regarding the GATE Program by phone at: (517)483-1860.
AM = 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 Noon PM = 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|2 and 3||Science Wizards||2/28-3/28|
|2 and 3||Imagination Art||2/28-3/28|
|2 and 3||New LEGO Math||2/28-3/28|
|2 and 3||New Toy Stories||2/28-3/28|
|2 and 3||SHAZAM!!||2/28-3/28|
|2 and 3||Shake, Rattle & Roll-Geology||2/28-3/28|
|4 and 5||New You are what you EAT-Macromolecules||2/28-3/28|
|4 and 5||Science with Experiments-Advanced||2/28-3/28|
|4 and 5||Scripting Graphic Novels||2/28-3/28|
|4 and 5||CSI: The GATE Detectives are on the Case!||2/28-3/28|
|4 and 5||LEGO Robotics-Basic||2/28-3/28|
|4 and 5||Making Faces-The Art of Caricature||2/28-3/28|
|6-9||New Beginning Architectural Drafting||2/28-3/28|
|6-9||New Reporting for Michigan Public Radio, I'm...||2/28-3/28|
|6-9||New Stats & Probs IMath/UMath Part 3||2/28-3/28|
|6-9||APPY, APPY, APPY||2/28-3/28|
|6-9||New Drone, Drone on the Range!||2/28-3/28|
|20-20 Girls Camp||2/28-3/28|
2827 Eyde Parkway
East Lansing, MI 48823
Phone: (517) 483-1860