Making Mobile Easy
for Healthcare Professionals
Target Audience: Healthcare professionals: nurses, physician assistance, healthcare providers, home healthcare providers
In this introductory course, participants will explore and apply mobile/wireless technologies and its applications to healthcare industries.
The incorporation of mobile technology into healthcare is not a new concept, but the rapid adoption of mobile devices by consumers has fueled the need for medical professionals to learn how to properly incorporate mobile concepts into their daily routine. Mobile solutions make healthcare more personal and individualized. This allows physicians and healthcare providers a greater focus on the patient and will help in reducing medical errors, improving preventive healthcare and enabling the medical community to track and resolve epidemics. Mobile solutions use common wireless services to prompt patients to take medications, follow certain diets, engage in physical activity, check glucose levels, take blood pressure readings and more.
This is a self-paced, online professional development course requiring the participant to maintain an 80% average in order to receive credit for the course. The course consists of four different kinds of coursework that are evaluated: assignments, discussion boards, assessments, and final assignment project. Assignments, discussion boards, and the final assignment project are evaluated based on the assessment rubric given for each.
As part of the evaluation, the participant will be required to complete the final assignment project applying mobile technology to the participant's existing industry/business.
The activities and assessments attached to each instructional unit are intended to provide the participant with a robust and practical learning experience. The participant will be able to connect course content to his/her immediate professional and personal life by the end of the course.
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of mobile/wireless technology and how it is used.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how mobile/wireless technology evolved.
- Comprehend the magnitude and scope of where mobile/wireless technology is headed.
- Identify real world examples of mobile/wireless technology in action.
- Connect the topic to personal daily lives.
- Compare and contrast the various types of mobile/wireless technologies.
- Apply various types of mobile/wireless technologies to future use in various industries.
- Construct connections of mobile/wireless to his/her industry/business.
- Relate the impact of mobile/wireless technology to the financial aspect of his/her business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the scope of mobile/wireless technology users drives the future of such technologies.
- Define what mHealth means and what it looks like.
- Make connections between the pros and cons to implementing mHealth on a large scale from a variety of diverse perspectives (physicians, consumers, patients).
- Identify and explain how mobile technology is being used in the healthcare industry.
- Identify the challenges facing mobile technology implementation due to existing laws and regulations.
- Identify existing solutions which resolve the privacy and regulations concerns.
- Effectively communicate the pros, cons and solutions to diverse audiences.
- Apply the concept of mobile/wireless technology to his/her business.
- Connect the learning activities to the individual's immediate work environment.
- Explain and defend use of technology by providing examples,
connecting the technology to existing business paradigms and showing
cost/benefit analyses based on existing research and data provided
in the course.
The Business & Community Institute
Phone: (517) 483-1857
Additional contact information »