Lean Healthcare Simulation
This course allows teams to experience how Lean is used to improve workflow by eliminating waste and reducing inconsistencies that contribute to mistakes and wasted time. Using fun and interactive activities, this simulation showcases the power and utility of Lean. Participants will be immersed in a hectic, fast-paced emergency room and instantly come face-to-face with the realities and challenges of dynamic medical environments. Using a step-by-step approach, along with Lean tools and techniques, teams go through multiple rounds to make dramatic improvements to safety, patient satisfaction, and the bottom line. In addition, the simulation fosters an environment of creativity within teams and builds confidence to apply Lean techniques back at work.
At the completion of this training program, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of Lean and be able to use Lean tools and techniques to identify and eliminate waste in the workplace.
- Describe Value Stream Mapping and explain how it is used to improve workflow.
- Distinguish between value-added and non-value-added activities.
- List the "eight deadly wastes" typically found in healthcare and give specific examples of each.
- Describe how workplace organization and cleanliness is greatly improved with 5S and visual controls.
Who should Attend:
All healthcare employees.
The Business & Community Institute
Phone: (517) 483-1857
Additional contact information »