LCC Honors Program
About the Program
The Honors Program at Lansing Community College offers enriched courses, special advising services, community service options, and other enhanced learning opportunities for students capable of a special challenge in higher education.
Each year, the program offers up to 36 Honors Program Awards to new students who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and plan to complete a two-year transfer curriculum at LCC and then transfer to a four-year institution to pursue a bachelor's degree. College-wide, nearly 1000 students participated in the program.
In order to maintain their membership in the Honors Program students must:
- Follow an approved LCC transfer curriculum.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher.
- Successfully complete at least twelve academic credits Fall and Spring Semesters. Summer Session enrollment is optional. Summer Session enrollment requires at least three approved credits.
- Successfully complete at least three Honors courses or sections each academic year.
- Successfully complete Honors Colloquy each fall semester.
- Submit their proposed class schedules for approval before registering each semester.
"Honors Colloquy was fascinating because we had different speakers every class period and I learned a whole new gamut of information that I don't think I would have learned anywhere else. The Honors Program staff also prepared me to transfer to a four year university easily with providing information during a transfer day in Honors Colloquy 2. I will miss the Honors Program!"
Honors Program Student 2007-2009
To find out more about the awards, and the Honors program, please contact us.
Connect with LCC Honors